Reurbanist is a multi-disciplinary firm that blends land use economics with urban planning and economic development. At its core, Reurbanist believes that great urban places that are compelling and vibrant must find success at both a fiscal and social level. Stronger cities and urban destinations translate into improved job growth, municipal tax revenue, and a higher quality of life for residents.
Reurbanist has offices located in Toronto and Seoul and is actively engaged in projects in Canada, the Middle East, and Asia. In addition to working directly with our clients, Reurbanist provides support services for several major land economics consulting firms.
Reurbanist Global Experience
For more information on Reurbanist, including our staffing biographies and a list of recent project qualifications, please contact us.
Founding Member, Partner
Urban Planner, Retail & Real Estate Development Strategist
Mark is an internationally experienced urban planner and development strategist. As a city planner and development strategist, mark focuses on understanding the impact of retail and mixed use developments on communities and local markets. Developments that follow strong strategic plans are positioned to be beneficial to both the investors and local markets.
Mark emphasizes the role of economics and market research both from a public and private sector perspective and the necessity of creating a constant dialogue between stake holders and the professionals that are involved in the planning/development process. His experience in working with the community and the public sector was displayed during his time with the City of San Jose Urban Village team as well as during the Short Term Accommodations Study and retail studies for the Town of Canmore.
Mark has project managed a number of high profile real estate developments globally in Asia, the Middle East and North America. He specializes in providing expert advisory services for mixed use development and is active internationally and most recently in the Middle East region. Mark’s international project portfolio provides him with the ability to bring proven concepts and unique strategies for his clients.
Select Project Experience:
- Town of Canmore (Canada) – Retail main street analysis and market projections
- Town of Canmore (Canada) – Short term accommodations study with the goal of understanding tax implications and policy recommendations
- Kingdom Centre (Al Mamlaka Mall) - Re-merchandising strategy and market analysis in Saudi Arabia
- Al Hamra Luxury Centre – Market assessment and positioning study in Kuwait
- Northwest Bahrain - Market analysis & development strategy for five assets in Bahrain
- City of San Jose, Urban Villages (U.S.A.) – Project management, policy analysis and planning in San Jose
- Pier #5 – Waterfront mixed use feasibility analysis, Busan, South Korea
- Hanam Union Square (S. Korea) – Market Study and Retail Analysis in Seoul (currently under construction)
- Dongdaegu KTX Station (S. Korea) - development consulting for US$350 million mixed use project over subway / high speed rail lines (currently under construction)